Skip to content
Ibelin: A Touching Documentary
- Ibelin, a documentary that premiered at Sundance, tells the story of Mats Steen, a Norwegian gamer with a disability.
- Mats found a community in the virtual world of World of Warcraft, where he had a business, a love life, and countless friends.
- The documentary explores the power of gaming to connect people and help them overcome challenges.
- It’s a thought-provoking and enchanting film that challenges our perceptions of meaningful connections.
Rob Peace: A Cautionary Tale
- Rob Peace, directed by Chiwetel Ejiofor, is a film about a brilliant young man named Rob Peace who aspires to study molecular biology.
- Rob faces social pressures, primarily from his father, who cannot afford or defend himself in court.
- Rob begins selling marijuana in mass quantities to rich kids on campus, a choice that complicates his ambition for a scholarly life.
- The film is a poignant commentary on the struggle between poverty and potential and the difficult decisions one must make while fighting between them.
Sundance 2024 Coverage
- For more Sundance 2024 coverage, check out our full list of anticipated films to purchase.
- Read our reviews of other Sundance 2024 movies, such as Thelma, Love Me and Eternal You, Girls State, and Didi.